If you’re not using original research in your content marketing, make 2021 the year you start.
Original research is survey-based research that’s designed to uncover captivating storylines and themes to create unique content that stands out.
Original research is fact-based content that will get your buyers’ attention. How many times have they heard the same recycled messages from you and your competitors? Give them something new and interesting with original research.
Original research will:
- Set you apart from your competitors with data-driven, authoritative content
- Establish you as a source of expert insights that generate leads
- Grab technology buyers’ attention in a noisy, competitive market
One of the biggest benefits of original research is the volume of high-quality content it provides.
One research report can be repurposed as:
- White papers
- Blog posts
- Social media posts
- Landing pages
Developing and planning your original research project the right way is crucial to its success.
When planning an original research project:
- Know exactly what the goals of your project are
- Take your time with the planning and question creation process to makes sure you get it right the first time
- Survey questions should be written in a manner that makes sense, and the results will tell a clear story
- When scheduling, allow two to three months to conduct an original research study and create content
Questions to get started:
- What are your goals for the research and the resulting content? Be specific, and start with the end result in mind.
- What information will your target audience find most compelling and interesting? Focus on helping and providing value to your audience.
- Has your research topic been covered by anyone else? If yes, how can you make your research better, dig deeper or focus on a different angle?
By the way…whenever you’re ready, here are some ways I can help you stand out the noisy tech market:
- Grab a copy of my report on original research, which includes all the details on how to use original research to capture prospects’ mindshare. Download it here.
You’ll learn why marketers are getting so much value out of their original research, the steps in conducting an original research study, and you’ll get my 9×14 content grid that gives you 14 content ideas to fulfill nine different marketing strategies. Get it here.
- Work directly with me to create an original research roadmap. There are a lot of details to running an original research study and creating content that gets results. I’ll work with you to create a roadmap plan that ensures you’ll get the biggest ROI from original research. Contact me, and I’ll get back to you with more details.